Monday, April 13, 2009

A day ahead, and falling behind

So today started out much like any other day, early, promising to be long, promising to be painful. And it was, in all aspects. I'm trying to take on pain that's too much for me, on levels I can't understand, both in their intensity and their complexity.

And oddly enough, today i read a letter of absolute ridiculousness, labeled "Dimitri The Lover", about Toronto's foremost "seduction guru". All in all, very entertaining (google Dimitri The Lover for a few moments of incredulous hilarity). But what was oddly resounding was these words someone had written on the letter... "narcissistic bastard"... It just seems like I've tried to put one too many spotlights on myself, Even with this post, and my cries for attention (to do what with, exactly? Wallow in self-pity?) I'm proving my point, and that label.

Heh.

Each step forward is an infinite number back? Or, tying to Anya's Newtonian exhortation with regards to each action producing an equal and opposite reaction, my steps feel as though I take one forward, and the world makes a complete spin in the opposite direction.

Well, then, re-proven.

My blog and all, but I wonder if I can make a post without "I".

Oh, to hell with this.

*Exeunt through trap door at gunshot*

1 comment:

  1. Well first of all darling, the opposite reaction to all your so called ridiculous attempts at everything, probably comes in the form of your successes and "aha!!" moments. Trust me. It's not that bad =)

    As for you being Narcissistic, the very fact that you might even think that you're narcissistic pretty much abandons the possibility of you being so. Case in point.

    Stop being so hard on yourself. This is your place to vent and be, well, open. Do it guilt free!! PLEASE!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete