Monday, November 2, 2009

Something new

Two days ago I spoke to someone who, for all intents and purposes, blew me away. She's someone I've known for a very short while (2 weeks), and in that time, she's given me something to think about, a thing that most people generally don't manage in first encounters. So tonight I'm meeting her for something a bit more formal.

What she's represented to me is this:

1) My basis of religious belief: I've been dealing with my own issues with regards to the structure of everything I've believed, and how some of it's changed. I spoke to her about it, and she told me that the strength to truly believe in something, in oneself, in the promise and comfort of a higher power, in knowing that each moment isn't worthless, is a characterization of being human. Why fight it against each other when it's something so incredibly personal?

2) My daily social relationships: I've been feeling more and more detached from the things that have been going on with people's lives, people I care highly about, mostly because of my being overwhelmed with a few things that have decided to assault me within the last little while. She told me something about priorities with regards to self and love, and once again about how, considering all the species that exist socially vs. those that exist in a solely last-one-standing mode, solving the human puzzle isn't difficult.

3) The eradication of war: This is something I was a little surprised to find agreement on, as I've always considered my viewpoint a bit eccentric and infeasible. But there you have it, I found someone in agreement. Eerie, and cool.

4) Music: Probably the one instrumentalist who is most like me that I know.

There are just notes to myself, but I cannot wait for what comes next. I love seeing her smile, its so mischievous.

Watch this video, I've got mixed reviews on it, but I personally think its a great credit to the band they've paid tribute to:

No comments:

Post a Comment