Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Riffing

So I haven't posted here in a while, and I've felt the need to discuss so many things going on, just to be able to lay out everything on my mind, to get a bead on whats happening with me, and maybe find some answers, or a pathway.

... No such luck as of yet. Each time I try to write, I hit a muddle of thoughts that try to puch their way forward individually, till I just end up with a cacophony of words. I have a penchant for this sort of thing, it seems.

Ah well. I've been riffing. I was listening to Hotel California by the beetles, and it inspired some tune in me (I was also listening to Saviour, by Rise Against, and got a dancehall beat in my head... how? I have no idea, but more on that later). So I'm trying to lay out this riff, and maybe get enough of a direction on it to inspire it into a tune. However, that requires flawless finger picking. Not my forte, but it doesn't seem like much is these days. Clearly a route of practice ahead of me.

On other fronts, I am working 10+ hours a week over the limit stipulated by the MSU for part-time workers, at Avtek. Hm... I wonder if thats a clue for me to take a hint.

I've loved, and lost, and loved again, and pushed away, and pulled myself back in. Love is a game that does no favours for its players, and I'm royally screwed. I yearn for something that seems like it will be denied to me for a while yet. Doesn't make the daily grind any easier. TO all of you who have that happiness, more power to you, and I cast my green eye on you with infinite yearning.

Now more riffing for me.

In the meanwhile, here's a few pieces that have stood the test of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment