Sunday, March 29, 2009

Where do I stand?

I'm caught in an apparent trap, or cycle, it would seem. Its a classification that every relationship I've had, whether its romantic or friendly, seems to fall into. Simply put, its that, whenever someone gets close to me, it may be due to common interests shared, or it may not. Regardless of this fact, however, as this gets deeper, they seem to trust me more, enough to share their feelings with, and discuss the complications of their lives. I listen as best as I can, and try to give some advice, and a shoulder to cry on or a hug for comfort. They are grateful. This can last as long as it needs to. However, as time, or a change in situation, gets rid of the problems, they become more distant. If their situation involved unresolved issues with other individuals, and then things get fixed, it feels as if my world grows quieter. It would seem that the period past may be something considered naive or immature, and all ties with it best left untouched or forgotten.

It may be that its the extent of the relationship I am able to create and maintain. Maybe I can't provide anything more than companionship in strife?

Or maybe this is just me being ridiculously selfish.

Forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment